If you have been busy this half-year and yet feel dissatisfied, unfulfilled, energetically “dead” – it’s time to change your tactics! Let go of what’s not working for you. Consider:
The Signs That It’s Time To Let Go
(The Intuitive Way by Penney Peirce)
- You feel you have to do it all yourself
- You’re depressed
- You have no sense of direction
- You’ve run out of motivation
- You indulge in your favourite addictions
- You don’t like yourself
- You feel a sense of urgency all the time
- You’re overwhelmed and overcrowded
- You’re procrastinating
- You’re trying too hard
- You feel desperate
- Nothing seems interesting
- Things aren’t fun anymore
- You’re pushing or pulling
- You’re chronically late
- You’re compulsive
- You’re living in a fantasy world
- You’re being stubborn or vindictive
Letting go is practicing the art of detachment. Focusing on what is now rather than what was, what might be, what ought to be, or what you wish would be. It is an act of will, a decision. Why decide?
“If you were to learn today that you have a terminal disease and decide to live your life differently, there is something wrong with the way you’re living your life now.”
– Arlo Guthrie, Singer
What should you do?
STOP! ENTER THE “PAUSE” THAT REFRESHES. Allow yourself to not-know, not-think, and not-do – thus suspending your mind until new creative urges emerge. The solution is within!
Tips for Letting Go:
- List 5 things you’re bored with and let go of something.
- List 5 things that feel like they’re more trouble than they’re worth. What might happen if you let go of each one, or turn it into something slightly different?
- Visualize yourself letting go of your resistance. Create a mental movie, with full visuals, sound effects and feelings, of letting go of your negativity (irritations, frustrations etc.) or breaking through a barrier. Eg. Put it in a box and drop this heavy box off a high bridge. How do you feel when you let it go?
- Write down what you are clinging to, and want to let go. Be specific. You can burn this piece of paper as a ceremony of letting go.
- Refuse to be a victim. Take positive action for those things you can affect.
Better still, find your own style of letting go!